Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quality Writing Would Tire Me Out

I think this is going to be a big year for Fishbrick.  Already, with this post,  I have doubled my output over last year.  Certainly, the quality of my blog posts is probably decreasing as my brain continues to dry up and turn into dust (that's what happens to your brain when you start to approach middle age).  But never mind about the quality of this blog.  Quality has never been an issue here at Fishbrick.  Obviously.  If I were concerned with quality writing, I would hire someone to write for me.  But I say write, write, write - never mind the product you turn out.  Just write.  Keep polishing your craft.  The more you write, the better you become.  A committed, dedicated writer writes constantly, even if he has nothing to say.  I'm a perfect example of that.  I have nothing to say, and I am constantly blogging, constantly crafting words, moving my fingers on my keyboard, watching the prose take shape across my screen.  Why, I've written three different things on this blog in just over one year.  And the fact is, I'm getting really tired right now.  All this polishing and crafting and stuff takes a lot out of me.  I may need to take a little break and come back when my brain is rested (dust and all).  So, I'll see you all in 2019.

Meanwhile, here are some more internet-based links:

Damn Interesting (sorry about the mildly profane title)
Reality Carnival (hours of fun)
A very large rock (video)
Poem Hunter (for those who are tired of prose)
Pretty impressive artwork (hyper-realistic drawings)

No comments: